Do you like your smoothies smooth? I certainly do. I always feel slightly ridiculous when I’m blending my smoothie for the fourth time (yes, I actually do that). But I just hate lumpy, grainy smoothies. I like mine to have the texture of an actual smoothie. I guess drinks that are called smoothies but aren’t smooth, shouldn’t be called smoothies (how many times did I use ‘smooth’ in that sentence?). I hereby call those ‘grainies’.
Today’s recipe is nothing like those grainies. This drink is an actual smoothie, a sweet, refreshing, fruity, summery one at that. It also happens to be good for you :).
So. What goes into this smoothie?
- Fruit. I know you didn’t see that one coming XD. I like a combination of berries and banana in mine. While berries give the smoothie its gorgeous colour and fresh taste, banana makes the smoothie sweet and well… smooth.
- Drinking Yogurt. Of course you can use any liquid in your smoothie, but drinking yoghurt is my fave. It kind off makes the smoothie taste like a milkshake? It’s good, let’s just keep it at that.
I guess right now would be the time I listed the exact amounts of ingredients for you. But guess what. I’m not doing that. Wait what? But that means you can’t recreate this deliciousness? Of course not. I just decided not to list the ingredients.
Here you go:
- I used a mixture of berries: blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and cherries (can I call those berries too?). As for the ratios, I always use more cherries than the rest, because I love their sweetness. You can use both frozen and fresh fruit. I always use frozen fruit and just let it thaw for a minute.
- I used banana flavoured drinking yoghurt, because it makes the smoothie even sweeter. You get it by now, don’t you? I like my smoothies SWEET.
I could explain to you how to make a smoothie. But I’d feel way more ridiculous than when I’m blending my smoothie for the fourth time. It’s about as straight-forward as it gets.
- Put the ingredients in your blender.
- Blend. (a lot)
And yet I explained it you. How wonderful.I hope you enjoy your smoothie!
A Young Mademoiselle
Ps. This smoothie serves 1.